Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Struggle is Real

Shirt | Old Navy
Jeans | Old Navy
Moto Jacket | House of Aria
Boots | Necessary Clothing
Necklace | House of Aria
Watch | iKandy Hawaii
Rings | Forever 21/ Brandy Melville

That realization hits that you are a legitimate college student when you are eating 49¢ ramen because thats all you can afford, and can't go shopping when the seasons change like every other fashion lover out there. I miss the normal life that I grew accustomed to when I had three jobs and never had to worry about money, but life goes on.

It gave me the opportunity to to comb through my closet and pair up some pieces of mine in new and different ways. I normally wear this cropped moto jacket with more girly things to give it just that right touch of edge, but I decided to add it to this casual outfit to add a different texture into my outfit, and make it not look as casual. I've been obsessing over this necklace from House of Aria because it adds just the right amount of statement to the outfit without going overboard. Challenging myself has taught me to improvise, adapt, and overcome. Something my photography teacher drills into us almost every class lesson and I've not only taken it, and applied it to my photography, but I've made it apart of my everyday life.

Hope everyone goes out and tries the same!

Love,
Kikue

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry -- you'll be so grateful you went to college once you're finished! It will all be worth it. And trust me -- we all feel the envy of other bloggers!

    xoxo Alison
    http://www.stylingmylife.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have to keep telling myself this in my weak times haha. Thanks Alison for your encouragement! I hope you're having an awesome week!

      Love,
      Kikue

      Delete
  2. I love how you styled this look.

    Don't worry you will be finished school soon enough and you will be able to shop again. Time to focus on school and all will fall into place!!

    xox
    Andrea
    http://www.withloveandrea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! haha I can't wait until that time, but I know I have to be patient. Thank you for your support Andrea!

      Love,
      Kikue

      Delete
  3. I'm happy I just found you from Chriselle's recent post. Loving your edgy vibe. Just started following you via bloglovin' :)

    Jessica xo
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey love!
      Thank you for following me! :D
      I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I wanted to surprise you with the youtube tag you inspired me to to do, but with finals, it's taken me forever and a day to get to edit the video, but I wanted to respond to you before it got too late (>.<)! I love watching your video's and can't wait for more! Check out my channel when you have time too. I'll make sure to let you know when I post up that tag video about the My Style in 5. That, and the Closet Confidential tag video's you did, were my favorites to watch!!

      Love,
      Kikue

      Delete