Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Reflective

This isn't really a fashion related post […again lol], yet something more personal. A post that's a bit more reflective on: this past year, where I'm at in life, where I want to be, and what I'm willing to do to get there.

I'm back home in Hawaii now and it feels sort of surreal. Surprisingly it is a rather comforting feeling in knowing that this is only my vacation. This isn't my reality anymore; it's just my temporary, expiration-dated vacation. My reality is now in San Francisco which makes me feel more at home than ever. Of course I've missed my family, friends, and especially the food, but I was always convinced I was born in the wrong state. I always felt as if I never really fit in completely. It's like I always wanted more…

It all started really reoccurring to me why I left when I accompanied my friend to a baby shower. We all went to the same high school together so there were a lot of familiar faces. The beautiful, glowing mother-to-be, and my friend, were both a grade older than me. There were also many from my grade as well since the mother-to-be's brother was my grade and everyone was friends. Everyone was there with their kids. My friend was pointing out, "That's 'so-and-so's kid," "He's 'so-and-so's kid," etc. They all looked so beautifully happy, but that wasn't the life I wanted to live, or at least not at this time in my life.

This move to San Francisco was the catalyst I needed to to get me where I want to go in life. Being back home and reminded of all the reasons of why I left only made me feel better about my decision to leave. I'll always have home, my heart just yearns for adventure first…

Home…. will always be here…



I hope everyone has a fun and safe New Years eve, day and full on bomb.com of a year.

Love,
Kikue

5 comments:

  1. Thanks love, you were so sweet! :) Amazing views by the way!

    Happy New Year!

    xo Jenny
    Tsangtastic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you too! Ahh! ^_^ & thank you so much for the comment back [haha sorry #fangirling just a bit, at the moment lol].

      Love,
      Kikue

      Delete
  2. Great scenery! Love your blog :)

    @WanderLustGirls
    www.thewanderlustgirls.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Pictures!!
    Have a nice evening!
    xx, nissi

    www.nissimendes.ch

    ReplyDelete